Top | Starters
Asparagus with Fromage Blanc
(recipe, Carrie Floyd)
Adapted from the venerable Silver Palate Cookbook, this is a great spring appetizer to prepare ahead of time, then pop in the oven just before serving.
- ½ cup fromage blanc (a soft, spreadable goat cheese)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ lb. thinly sliced smoked ham or prosciutto, each slice cut in half
- 24 asparagus spears, cut into 4-inch spears, cooked (roasted or steamed) until just done
- In a small bowl, stir together until blended the fromage blanc, lemon zest, and a couple of grinds of black pepper.
- Spread each ham slice with the seasoned cheese (just shy of a teaspoon), then wrap around an asparagus spear. Place asparagus on a baking sheet.
- When ready to serve, cook in a preheated 350-degree oven until heated through, 4 to 5 minutes. Serve immediately.