Top | Salads
(recipe, Carrie Floyd)
With a glass of rosé or white wine, this, in my estimation, is a perfect dinner for one. I like to draw the meal out as long as possible, preferably with something good to read: a bite of salad, followed by an olive, then a bite of bread with cheese, a sip of wine, I flip the page of my book . . . and so on.
- 2 cups mixed greens, washed and dried
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. House Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup Simple Pickled Beets or leftover roasted beets
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slices fresh baguette or other artisan-style bread
- A small wedge of delicious, soft cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ cup Marinated Olives, or olives purchased from a specialty store
- Toss the greens with the vinaigrette in a medium bowl, then turn out onto a large dinner plate. Arrange the beets and walnuts over the tossed greens, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread the cheese onto the bread and add to the plate, along with the olives.