Top | Sandwiches
(recipe, Caroline Cummins)
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- ⅓ cup diced onion
- 2 tsp. salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Hamburger buns, halved and toasted
- Soft goat cheese
- Roasted red-pepper relish, such as Peperonata or Sautéed Peppers with Goat Cheese
- Mint Pesto
- Lettuce leaves (optional)
- With your hands, lightly but firmly mix together the ground meat, onions, salt, and pepper. Form into 4 burger patties. Cook over medium-high heat, 3 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Spread one burger bun with some goat cheese and top with some relish. Spread the facing bun half with some mint pesto and top with a few lettuce leaves, if using. Assemble the burger and eat immediately.