Top | Jackie Varriano
(recipe, Jackie Varriano)
- 6 Tbsp. honey
- 6 Tbsp. brandy
- 6 ripe Fuyu persimmons
- ½ cup toasted and chopped hazelnuts
- 6 Tbsp. creamy chèvre or goat cheese
- Set the oven to broil, with a rack in the middle of the oven. In a small bowl, whisk the honey and brandy together, then set the mixture aside.
- Cut the stem off of each persimmon, then cut each fruit into horizontal slices. Arrange each slice in a shallow baking dish and pour half of the honey-brandy mixture over the slices, coating thoroughly.
- Place the dish under the broiler on the middle rack. After 8 minutes, pour the remaining honey mixture over the persimmons. Broil for another 5 to 7 minutes, checking for the persimmons to get slightly browned and soft.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve, topped with chopped hazelnuts and dollops of goat cheese.