Top | Starters
Endive with Blue Cheese and Walnuts
(recipe, Carrie Floyd)
This is an easy winter appetizer, especially good served alongside thin slices of crisp apple.
- 2 large heads Belgian endive
- ¼ lb. Blue Castello or other creamy blue cheese
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tart, crisp apple, cored and cut into thin slices
- Slice the bottom ½ inch from the root end of each endive head and separate the leaves. With a knife, spread about a tablespoon of blue cheese on the cut end of each leaf.
- Sprinkle toasted walnuts onto the blue cheese, then grind a bit of fresh black pepper over the top.
- Arrange on a large plate, tucking apple slices between the endive leaves, and serve.