Top | Sides and Salads
Orzo Feta Pasta Salad
(recipe, Katie Hickey)
Everyone's favorite pasta salad
- 5 cups just cooked orzo (1 box)
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced or one pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium red onion, small diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 20 to 30 pitted kalamata olives, cut into quarters
- 1 14.0 -ounce can artichoke hearts (give or take), cut into eighths
- ¼ to ⅓ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Scant ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large lemon, halved and juiced (more lemon juice to taste)
- ½ Tbsp. kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 or 4 ounces reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled (I used Trader Joe's reduced fat. You can use regular too)
- In large bowl, mix warm pasta, olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper. Toss to coat, let cool slightly so it won't cook the other ingredients.
- After the pasta has cooled a little, add all the other chopped ingredients, adding the parsley and cheese last. Taste for seasoning- I usually have to add more lemon juice or a splash of red wine vinegar. Make sure there's enough salt and pepper.
- Serve cold or at room temp. If you're going to refrigerate before serving, Add the tomatoes just before serving.