Top | Sides and Salads
Puntarelle (or Chicory) in salsa di alici
(recipe, Katie Hickey)
This recipe is from the Roman issue of Saveur #128. even if you can't find puntarelle, make the recipe with dandelion greens or chicory.
- 8 oz. young puntarelle or dandelion greens,
- trimmed and thinly sliced
- 4 anchovy filets
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. red or white wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper,
- to taste
- 1. Put puntarelle into a bowl of ice water; let sit for 1 hour. Meanwhile, finely chop and smash anchovies and garlic to make a paste; whisk in oil and vinegar to make a smooth dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Drain puntarelle and pat dry; toss with dressing.