Top | Sides and Salads
White beans and tuna (Fagioli e tonno)
(recipe, Katie Hickey)
This is a fantastic recipe for a warm tuna and bean salad.
- ½ lb. dried cannellini beans,
- soaked overnight
- 6 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black
- pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 to 2 5.5 -oz. cans tuna in olive oil, drained
- 1. Drain beans, transfer to a 4-qt. pot, and cover with water by 3". Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until tender, 45–50 minutes.
- 2. Drain beans, reserving ¼ cup cooking liquid. Whisk together oil, vinegar, and garlic in a bowl. Combine vinegar mixture, beans, and cooking liquid; season with salt and pepper; transfer to a bowl. Garnish with parsley and chunks of tuna.