Top | Sides and Salads
Blueberry Mango Quinoa Salad with Lemon Basil Dressing
(recipe, Katie Hickey)
The fillings in this salad can be switched around, but it is a great meal to eat all week.
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup chopped mango
- ½ cup chopped cucumber
- ½ Tbsp. dried cranberries (optional- I left these out)
- feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- olive oil (to taste)
- ¼ tsp. lemon zet (or more)
- 10 basil leaves, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- If not rinsed, rinse the quinoa. Place in a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes or until cooked. Remove lid, fluff with a fork, and set aside.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients, except chopped basil. Chop and add the basil just before serving.
- Mix all ingredients together and toss with dressing to taste (you won't use all of it probably). Serve warm, room temp, or cold.