Top | Main Dishes
Bean Thread Glass Noodles with Crab
(recipe, Katie Hickey)
I got this recipe from the Wednesday Chef. It is super speedy and quick for a weeknight meal and eats very easily. I make it with canned crab to make it realistically priced, but I bet it would be wonderful with fresh picked.
- 2 packages (2 ounces each) thin glass (mung bean thread) noodles
- 1 Tbsp. neutral oil, like corn or canola
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- ¼ cup trimmed and minced scallions
- 1 cup crab meat, free of shell
- 1½ Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- (optional ½ tsp chili garlic paste or sriracha- the recipe didn't call for this, but after cooked, it could have used a little heat)
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- 1. Boil water. Cover noodles in warm water for about 10 minutes. Drain.
- 2. Put oil in a wok or large skillet, and turn heat to high. A minute later, add garlic and half the scallions and, almost immediately, the noodles and crab. Toss, and stir to mix the ingredients.
- 3. Add the sauces, taste, and adjust seasoning as necessary. Toss with sesame oil and remaining scallions. Garnish with cilantro, and serve.