Top | Vegan
Almond & Spice Bean Pie
(recipe, Carrie Stewart)
- 1 cup cooked white beans (I used navy beans that were soaked overnight, and cooked in the morning)
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar (I get mine from Azure Standard)
- 2 Tbsp. arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ tsp. almond extract
- ¼ tsp. allspice
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup oil (I used half ghee, half coconut oil, liquified)
- Puree till creamy and smooth.
- Add to greased pie dish.
- Rather than broil mine afterwards, I sprinkled the top with another tablespoon of coconut sugar before baking. It didn't brown as much as I was hoping, but you could brown yours in the broiler if you use a tart pan. I used a glass pie dish which can't go in the broiler.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- Let cool, then refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.