Top | Vegan
Live Hot and Sour Soup
(recipe, Carrie Stewart)
- * ½ cup mung bean sprouts
- * 3 Tbs. nama shoyu or soy sauce
- * 5 dried apricots
- * 1½ cups chopped tomatoes
- * ¼ cup thinly sliced green onion
- * 2 Tbs. organic raw apple cider vinegar
- * 1 Tbs. peeled and minced fresh ginger
- * ½ cup diced cucumber or zucchini
- * 1 jalapeño chile, seeded and minced (2 Tbs.)
- * 2 Tbs. lime juice
- * 2 Tbs. chopped cilantro
- * 1 Tbs. raw agave nectar
- * ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1. Stir together sprouts and nama shoyu, and let marinate while you prepare soup.
- 2. Soak apricots in bowl of boiling water 5 minutes. Drain.
- 3. Place apricots, tomatoes, green onion, vinegar, ginger, and 3 cups water in blender or food processor; blend until smooth. Transfer to serving bowl, and stir in cucumber, jalapeño, lime juice, cilantro, agave nectar, cayenne pepper, and sprout mixture.