Top | Keri Fisher
Thai Chicken Salad
(recipe, Keri Fisher)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- Juice of 2 limes (about ⅓ cup)
- 2 small dried red chile peppers, minced (or up to 4 if you like the dressing spicy)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. minced ginger
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 4 cups roasted or grilled chicken, shredded
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 2 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 1 red pepper, sliced very thin
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. chopped mint
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced thin on the bias
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- In a small bowl, dissolve the sugar in ⅓-cup hot water. Set aside to cool. When cool, add the remaining dressing ingredients and mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine all the salad ingredients but the peanuts and mix well. Add the dressing and toss to coat evenly. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with peanuts just before serving.
Can't get enough of poultry? Read Keri Fisher's article on chicken salad.