Top | Main Dishes
Spaghetti alla Checca
(recipe, Katie Hickey)
This is a very similar recipe to Giada's.
- 8 oz. spaghetti (I also like it with mini shells so it's more like pasta salad)
- 4 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 12 oz. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 oz. piece of parmesean, coarsely chopped
- 8 to 10 fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into ½ in. cubes
- Reserved pasta water (about ¼ cup)
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Meanwhile, combine next 7 ingredients in food processor until tomatoes are coarsely chopped (do not puree).
- Drain pasta, reserving some pasta water. Toss the pasta with the tomato mixture and the fresh mozzarella in a large serving bowl. Add pasta water to get the right consistency. Serve immediately.