Top | Sides and Salads
Rosemary Spiced Nuts
(recipe, Katie Hickey)
From Ina Garten
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3¾ cups mixed nuts (roasted cashews, pecan halves, walnut halves, almonds, pistachios are all good)
- One sixth of a cup maple syrup
- ⅛ cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 1½ Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 tsp. ground chipotle or ancho chili powder
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh rosemary
- Kosher Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a baking sheet or roasting pan with tin foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine nuts with oil, maple syrup, brown sugar, orange juice, and chili powder. Add 1 Tbsp rosemary and 1 tsp salt and toss to coat.
- Spread nuts in one layer. Roast for 25 minutes, stirring twice with a large spatula, until glazed and golden brown. remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining 1 Tbsp rosemary and 1 tsp salt. Toss well and set aside to cool at room temperature, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking as they cool. Taste for seasoning. Serve warm or cool completely and store in an airtight container. (I like them better at room temperature).