Top | Sides and Salads
Sweet Potato Salad with Spicy Peanut Dressing
(recipe, Katie Hickey)
This is an AWESOME recipe from Bon Appetit. It's good warm, cold or at room temperature.
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Greek yogurt
- 4 tsp. grated ginger
- a drizzle of sesame oil (about ¼ to ½ tsp)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 2 tsp. chili-garlic sauce
- 1½ tsp. brown sugar
- 2 lb. red-skinned sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1½ cups sugar snap peas, cut crosswise into ½ inch pieces (optional- I did not use them)
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- handful of chopped cilantro
- ⅓ cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts (also optional, I did not use them)
- Whisk the first 9 ingredients together to blend in a medium bowl.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add sweet potatoes. Boil until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Toss sweet potatoes (while warm) in dressing. Mix in sugar snap peas (if using), scallions and cilantro. Season to taste with salt (or fish sauce) and pepper.
- Serve warm, room temperature, or chilled. Sprinkle with peanuts (if using) just before serving.