Top | RSPCA Think Pig Christmas Recipes
Shredded Pork Pancakes (use up leftover pork)
(recipe, RSPCA United Kingdom)
Try this pork version of the crispy duck. Delicious and fun for all the family.
Published as part of the RSPCA’s Think Pig Christmas Recipes. The RSPCA are are encouraging everyone to ‘Think Pig’ by buying higher welfare pork. You can see more recipes and join the campaign on the RSPCA Think Pig Facebook Page in the Notes section at http://bit.ly/gE65tZ.
- Handful shredded, cooked higher welfare pork which is labelled Freedom Food, outdoor reared, outdoor bred, free-range or organic
- ½ tsp. Chinese five spice
- 2 Tbsp. groundnut oil
- 100 ml hoisin sauce
- 8 to 10 ready-made Chinese-style pancakes, warmed
- 1 bunch spring onions, cut into matchsticks
- ½ cucumber, halved, seeds removed and cut into matchsticks
- Toss the pork in the Chinese five spice. Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok and add the pork.
- Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until heated through. Add the hoisin sauce, toss and heat gently until the pork is thickly coated with the sauce.
- Pile the pork onto a plate and serve with the spring onions and cucumber and the warmed pancakes.
- Don’t forget to Think Pig: http://bit.ly/rspcathinkpig and find out more about the labels you should be looking for to help improve pig welfare.