Top | Sides and Salads
Sweet Potato Salad with Spicy Peanut Dressing
(recipe, Katie Hickey)
Good hot, cold, or at room temperature. The original recipe calls for boiling the potatoes, but I steam them for fluffier texture.
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. yogurt
- 4 tsp. minced peeled fresh ginger
- A drizzle (about ¼ tsp) toasted sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 2 tsp. chili-garlic sauce
- 2 lb. red-skinned sweet potatoes (yams), peeled, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 scallions, chopped
- small handful of cliantro, chopped
- (optional 1½ cups sugar snap peas, sliced)
- Whisk dressing ingredients in medium bowl to blend.
- Add enough water to large saucepan to reach depth of ½ inch. Bring to boil; add sweet potatoes and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain; cool. (Or steam, as I mentioned above).
- Mix sweet potatoes, dressing, peas (if using), cilantro and green onions in large bowl. Season salad with salt and pepper. (Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) Serve hot, cold, or at room temperature.