Top | Kelly Myers
(recipe, Kelly Myers)
This recipe will make more aïoli than you might eat with artichokes. Keep the rest on hand for sandwiches, as the base for a salad dressing, or to use as a dip for steamed summer green beans and new potatoes.
- 4 egg yolks, at room temperature
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 to 4 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Put egg yolks and garlic in the bowl of a food processor. Process until egg yolks get frothy and lighter in color.
- With the machine running, very slowly pour in the extra-virgin olive oil — at first drop by drop, and then in a very thin stream. Once the egg yolks have absorbed all the oil, add the lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.