Top | Vegan
(recipe, Carrie Stewart)
- ½ cup brown lentils
- ¼ cup quinoa
- Vegetable broth cube
- ½ can organic light coconut milk
- 1 Japanese eggplant, sliced and grilled
- Carrots, chopped
- Onion, chopped
- Garlic, chopped
- Mushrooms, sliced
- Chard, chopped and steamed until slightly wilted
- Red pepper, chopped
- Tomatoes, chopped
- Ginger, finely grated
- 2 Tbsp. organic tomato paste
- 1 :1 ratio of curry to masala
- Bragg's liquid aminos to taste
- Bring to boil vegetable broth cube, lentils, quinoa, ginger, onions, garlic, carrot, pepper. Simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, slice and grill eggplant. Chopp chard and steam until slightly wilted.
- Add coconut milk, spices, and tomato paste. Let simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, tomatoes, grilled eggplant, and chard. Let simmer for another 5 minutes covered.
- Adjust spices and add Aminos or more tomato paste to taste.