Top | Vegan
Slow Cooker Hot Pumpkin Cereal
(recipe, Carrie Stewart)
- 3¼ cups water or milk to bump up the nutrition
- *1.5 cup pumpkin purée or raw cubed baking pumpkin
- 1 cup steel-cut oats or Gluten Free Mighty Tasty Hot cereal (Bob’s Red Mill)
- ¼ cup maple syrup, brown sugar, or honey (don’t give to babies under 1 yrs of age)
- 1½ tsp. cinnamon (I love cinnamon, add more or less to your taste)
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Tbsp. organic butter (optional, my nutritional analysis includes the butter)
- Optional: add your favorite toppings such as dried fruit or nuts to add more nutrients to your breakfast. I added 1 Tbsp peppitas and 2 Tbsp flax meal to my bowl!
- 1. Add all the ingredients in a 3-6 quart slow cooker. Stir well and Cover.
- 2. Set the slow cooker on low setting to cook for about 6-8 hours.
- 3. Stir well before serving. Add water or milk if needed to make it a thinner consistency. Top with your favorite toppings.