Top | Vegan
White Bean Puree with Collards
(recipe, Carrie Stewart)
- White Bean Puree
1 1/3 cups vegetable broth (I used Imagine)
3 15 oz cans white beans (I used Great Northern)
2 tbsp olive oil
3 medium garlic cloves, minced
freshly ground black pepper
1 bunch collards
1 cup vegetable broth
- PUREE: Bring the broth to a boil in a large nonstick saute pan. Place the beans in a food processor, add the hot broth, puree until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Heat the oil and garlic in the empty saute pan over medium high heat for about 1 minute, being careful not to allow the garlic to burn. Pour the bean puree into the saute pan and cook, stirring constantly for about 3 minutes, or until very hot. Mixture will thicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- COLLARDS: Remove and discard the thick inner stem of each leaf. Slice the remaining leaves. Thoroughly rinse in several changes of water in order to rid the leaves of any sand clinging to them.
- Place collards and vegetable broth in pressure cooker. If there are any greens above the broth in the pressure cooker, add more stock to cover the greens. Close and lock the lid. Bring to high pressure, lower flame (keeping pressure high) and cook for 3 - 4 minutes. Quickly release pressure by running cold water over the lid of the pressure cooker. Remove lid, tilting away from your face. With a slotted spoon, remove the collards to a serving dish.
- Place White Bean Puree in a bowl or on a plate. Scatter some of the collards over the puree and serve.