Top | Vegan
(recipe, Carrie Stewart)
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 in piece of fresh ginger, grated
- ½ lb. brussel sprouts (about 2 cups), shredded
- ¼ lb. carrots (about 1 cup baby carrots), shredded
- 3 Tbsp. wheat-free tamari
- Juice of ½ a lime
- Heat a dry sauté pan and add the sesame seeds. Toast for a few minutes until a few begin to pop and they become fragrant. Remove from pan and set aside. Add sesame oil and onions to hot pan. Sauté until onions are soft. Add ginger and garlic and cook for 30 more seconds, just until garlic is fragrant. Add shredded sprouts and carrots. Stir fry for a few minutes. Add tamari sauce. Continue to stir fry until sprouts are beginning to soften – a couple more minutes. You still want some crunch. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice. Serve topped with toasted sesame seeds.
- To make this a main dish, add a protein such as tempeh. Or, if you’re a nut freak like me, top with a generous serving of peanuts.