Top | Vegan
Roasted Carrot Hummus
(recipe, Carrie Stewart)
- 1 batch of roasted carrots (I used Ina Garten’srecipe with fresh parsley)
- 1 clove of garlic (more if you like it garlic-y)
- ¼ cup tahini (ground sesame seeds)
- 5 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the roasted carrots and garlic in the bowl of your food processor and blend until carrots are in small pieces. Wipe the sides of the bowl and then add the tahini, lemon juice, sesame oil and fresh parsley. Blend until it reaches desired consistency. Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- This is a thick dip which makes it a great sandwich spread. You could thin it out by adding some water.
- * This dip goes so well on a slice of gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free bread or on some homemade gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free crackers!