Top | Sides and Salads
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Chestnuts
(recipe, Katie Hickey)
The flavor combination of the chestnuts and brussels sprouts is spot on.
- 4 cups trimmed and quartered Brussels sprouts (about 1½ pounds)
- 1¼ cups halved bottled chestnuts
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- Good Dash of ground red pepper
- 1 Tbsp. butter (I usually don't use this)
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Combine sprouts and chestnuts in a large bowl. Add oil, salt, and peppers; toss well to coat. Spread in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until sprouts are tender, stirring after 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Add butter to sprout mixture, tossing until butter melts. (I usually skip the butter)