Top | Main Dishes
Roasted Broccoli with Shrimp
(recipe, Katie Hickey)
- 2 lb. broccoli, cut into bite-size florets
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. whole coriander seeds (or ½ teaspoon ground)
- 1 tsp. whole cumin seeds (or ½ teaspoon ground)
- 1½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. hot chili powder
- 1 lb. large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1¼ tsp. lemon zest (from 1 large lemon)
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cover baking sheet with tin foil sprayed with cooking spray. In a large bowl, toss broccoli with a little oil, coriander, cumin, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper and chili powder. In a separate bowl, combine shrimp, oil, lemon zest, remaining ½ teaspoon salt and remaining ½ teaspoon pepper.
- 2. Spread broccoli in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes. Add shrimp to baking sheet and toss with broccoli. Roast, tossing once halfway through, until shrimp are just opaque and broccoli is tender and golden around edges, about 2-5 minutes more. Serve with lemon wedges, or squeeze lemon juice all over shrimp and broccoli just before serving.