Top | Side Dishes
Zucchini with Basil
(recipe, Carrie Floyd)
By itself, this dish makes a great side to serve with fish or meats. You can also turn it into a vegetarian entrée by tossing the cooked zucchini with pasta, a slug of olive oil, and lots of freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Or, add a couple of eggs to the sautéed zucchini for a delicious omelette or frittata.
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 medium or 3 small green or yellow zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced into ¼-inch-thick half moons
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup fresh basil, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add the garlic and stir, then add the sliced zucchini. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the zucchini is soft and beginning to brown.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss with the chopped basil and serve.