Top | The Victory Garden Cookbook
(recipe, Kim Carlson)
This pudding has a rich corn essence, almost candylike in its sweetness.
- 2 cups scraped corn (see Note, below)
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. sugar (unless corn is just picked)
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Thoroughly combine the corn, flour, sugar (if needed), cream, and seasonings. Pour into a buttered 4-to-6 cup baking dish. Dot with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
Culinate editor's note: For scraping the fresh kernels off the cob, we used Lee's Original Corn Cutter and Creamer, which worked well to extract the corn milk as well as the kernels.