Top | Sides and Salads
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
(recipe, Katie Hickey)
- 2 English cucumbers, seeded and chopped
- 1 handful fresh dill (about ⅔ cup loosely packed)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 big pinches salt
- 8 oz. extra firm tofu, pressed and dried
- ¼ cup slivered almonds or pine nuts (optional)
- ½ large ripe avocado, chopped (optional)
- Toss cucumbers, dill, olive oil, lemon juice and salt. Let sit about 20 minutes, tossing gently once or twice.
- In meantime, cooke tofu. Slice it into pieces, and cook without moving with a pinch of salt in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat until browned on one side. Flip over and continue cooking another minute or two until golden and bouncy. Toss with cucumbers and serve (with nuts and/or avocado, if that's your style..