Top | Zanne Miller
(recipe, Zanne Miller)
Used in Italian Wedding Soup, these meatballs are easy to make ahead and freeze.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅓ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup finely chopped spinach
- 1 lb. ground turkey (breasts and thighs together, if available)
- ¼ cup pesto sauce (store-bought is fine)
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan (optional)
- ½ cup breadcrumbs (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients together. Form into walnut-sized meatballs, place on ungreased baking sheets, and bake in a 350-degree oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven when done and add to the simmering soup.
Culinate editor's notes: You can use a food processor to mix all the ingredients together. Just be careful to use the pulse button, so you don't wind up overmixing the meat into mush.