Top | Main Dishes
Pepper & Cheese Quesadillas
(recipe, Bluebird Farmers Market & CSA)
Hot peppers have nutrition and delicious flavor in these Southwestern Quesadillas sandwich-style quarters.
- 6 assorted colors bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups of grated Mexican Artisan cheeses
- 1 cayenne pepper, chopped and deseeded
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 onion sliced into strips
- 12 flour tortillas
- sour cream
- fresh cilantro
- Saute the onion and peppers in olive oil.
- Add lime juice and salt and pepper.
- Place tortillas flat on cookie sheet.
- Layer on peppers, artisan cheeses and top with another tortilla.
- Bake in 400 degree oven about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Slice into fourths and serve topped with sour cream and cilantro.