Top | Great Good Food
Glazed Plum Bundt Cake
(recipe, Julee Rosso)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil, divided, plus some for the pan
- 4 Tbsp. (½ stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus some for the pan
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 4 egg whites
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 3 cups pitted and chopped plums
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. skim milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray or wipe a 12-cup Bundt pan with vegetable oil. Lightly dust the pan with flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the sugar, ½ cup of the oil, and butter until fluffy. Add the dry ingredients and mix until blended. Add the egg, egg whites, vanilla, and buttermilk, and blend well. Stir in the plums and walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 50 minutes, or until a cake tester or toothpick comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, in a saucepan heat the remaining ½ cup canola oil and brown sugar until hot. Add the skim milk, stir, and set aside.
- Cool the cake in the pan, then invert it onto a plate. Spoon the glaze over the top.