Top | Panini Express
Artichokes, Oven-Roasted Tomatoes, and Goat Cheese
(recipe, Daniel Leader & Lauren Chattman)
- 3 oz. fresh goat cheese
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
- 1½ tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Two 6-inch lengths of store-bought baguette, or make Four-Hour Baguettes
- 10 halves Oven-Roasted Tomatoes (5 whole tomatoes)
- One 6-ounce jar quartered marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- Heat a panini or sandwich press according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Combine the goat cheese, basil, and olive oil in a small bowl and mash and stir until the cheese is softened and well combined with the other ingredients.
- Slice the baguette pieces in half lengthwise and spread some of the goat cheese on the bottom half of each baguette. Arrange the tomatoes and artichokes on top of the goat cheese. Top each sandwich with the top half of the baguette.
- Put the sandwiches on the press, pull the top down, and cook until they are browned and crisp, 4 to 7 minutes, depending on how hot your machine is. Carefully remove from the press and serve immediately.