Top | Iced Tea
Twisted Joy of Cooking Iced Tea
(recipe, Fred Thompson)
The Joy of Cooking cookbook has inspired many a cook, but the author’s method for iced tea needed some tweaking.
- ¼ cup tea leaves (any type)
- 4 cups boiling water
- Granulated sugar to taste (optional)
- Fresh mint sprigs for garnish
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- Place the tea leaves in a heatproof container. Pour the boiling water over the tea, cover, and let steep for 3 to 5 minutes. (With this method, 5 minutes really is the max, and most teas seem to have a better flavor after about 4 minutes.)
- Strain through a fine-mesh strainer into a pitcher. Add sugar, if desired, stirring well to dissolve.
- Let cool, then chill. Serve over ice, garnished with a mint sprig and lemon wedge.