Top | Marissa's recipes
Grilled Scallops with Fresh Corn and Tomato Relish
(recipe, Marissa Lippert)
- 1 ear fresh corn, shucked
- 2 medium vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, plus extra leaves for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 oz. wild or local scallops
- Prepare the grill.
- Cook the ear of corn in boiling water, about 8 to 10 minutes. Allow the corn to cool and cut the kernels off the cob. Place in a bowl with the diced tomatoes.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and basil, and blend until smooth. Pour ¾ of the mixture into the corn-and-tomato mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper. Grill the scallops 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Divide the corn-tomato mixture between 2 plates and place the scallops on top. Drizzle the plates with remaining basil oil and sprinkle extra basil pieces (torn into small pieces or cut into a chiffonade) on top.
- Serve with grilled zucchini, asparagus, potatoes, or other summertime vegetables.