Top | Starters
(recipe, Carrie Floyd)
This elegant appetizer is an easy one to throw together at the last minute.
- 2 English cucumbers
- 8 oz. mascarpone
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped chives
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 oz. smoked salmon, broken into bite-size pieces
- Wash and peel the cucumbers, leaving small stripes of peel. Slice cucumber into diagonal wedges, about ½-inch thick. Set aside.
- Place the mascarpone, lemon zest, chives, and a pinch of salt in medium bowl. Add a tablespoon of the lemon juice along with several grinds of black pepper. Stir until smooth, then taste. (I like the spread lemony and peppery, so I often add all of the lemon juice and lots of black pepper; adjust according to your taste.)
- Spread a generous spoonful of the mascarpone onto each cucumber wedge. Top with bits of flaked salmon. Garnish with an extra twist of black pepper.