Top | Marissa's recipes
Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Pecorino Romano and Walnuts
(recipe, Marissa Lippert)
- 12 to 16 Brussels sprouts, rinsed and outer leaves removed if needed
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- ⅓ cup shaved pecorino romano cheese
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ to ½ small garlic clove, minced (literally just a few teeny pieces to flavor the vinaigrette, but not overwhelm it)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Using a mandoline slicer on the thinnest setting, shave the Brussels sprouts over a medium bowl — shave down to the stems and then discard the stems. Watch your fingers on the slicer! Toss in the walnuts and pecorino.
- Mix together the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and salt and pepper. Drizzle over the salad, toss well, and serve.