Top | Marissa's recipes
Beet Salad with Goat Cheese and Toasted Walnuts
(recipe, Marissa Lippert)
- 1 bunch/bag mixed greens
- 4 red or golden beets
- ¼ cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 2 to 3 oz. goat cheese
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. champagne vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. shallots, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bring salted water to a boil in a large pot. Wash and peel the beets. Cook the beets in the boiling water until tender, about 15 to 25 minutes depending on their size. Drain the water and allow the beets to cool. Cut each beet into quarters or eighths.
- Assemble the other salad ingredients with the beets in a large serving bowl.
- Combine the ingredients for the salad dressing in a separate container and shake well (the dressing may be prepared 1 or 2 days ahead of time). Drizzle the dressing over the salad, toss well, and serve.