Top | Marissa's recipes
Curried Quinoa with Pine Nuts and Raisins
(recipe, Marissa Lippert)
- 1 cup dry quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp. curry powder (add more for stronger flavor)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Tblsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup onion, diced
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- ½ cup raisins
- ⅓ cup pinenuts, lightly toasted in dry pan
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, combine quinoa, curry powder, salt, and water; bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook thoroughly until water is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes until quinoa is lightly and fluffy.
- While quinoa is simmering, heat olive oil in a large frying pan and sauté onions for 1 minute. Add chicken broth and raisins and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Add cooked quinoa, toasted pinenuts, and chickpeas if desired. Mix thoroughly and serve.