Top | Starters
(recipe, Carrie Floyd)
When tomatoes are ripe and plentiful, this makes a delicious appetizer or light meal with a salad of mixed greens.
- 4 large, ripe tomatoes or 1 pint cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 baguette or artisanal-style bread loaf, cut into slices ½-inch thick and grilled or toasted
- In a medium bowl, mix together the tomatoes, garlic, basil, and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Slather on top of the grilled bread slices.