Top | Sarah Gilbert
Green Garlic Pesto
(recipe, Sarah Gilbert)
Read more about Sarah Gilbert's Green Garlic Pesto on her blog.
- 1 bunch green garlic (3 to 5 stems)
- 1 cup raw walnuts, or nuts available in your market
- 1 to 2 oz. Hannah Bridge Heritage cheese from Ancient Heritage Dairy, or other hard, salty sheep's-milk cheese
- ⅔ cup good-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- Cut root ends of green garlic and discard. Cut into 1-inch lengths, discarding the tougher green portions on top.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, toast walnuts by cooking for about 7 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Place nuts and green garlic into a food processor and process on low until roughly chopped. Cut cheese into chunks, add to food processor, and process. In a steady stream while processor is running, add olive oil until desired consistency is reached.
- Salt to taste. Keep in airtight container in refrigerator until ready to use.