Top | Rachel Rappaport
(recipe, Rachel Rappaport)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup fresh peppermint leaves
- In a small saucepan, heat the sugar, peppermint, and water until the sugar is dissolved completely.
- Strain into a small bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- Pour the lemon juice and simple syrup into a large pitcher, and then stir in about 4 cups of cold water.
- Refrigerate 30 to 40 minutes before serving.
Read more about lemons in Rachel Rappaport's article about summertime festivals.