Top | Zena Chew
(recipe, Zena Chew)
Many Ashkenazi charoset recipes call for fresh apples and chopped walnuts. This recipe from the National Honey Board calls for dried fruit instead. For more about Passover cooking, read "Mighty matzo."
- ½ cup chopped toasted walnuts
- ¼ cup chopped toasted almonds
- 2 cups chopped dried mixed fruit, such as apples, apricots, and dates
- 1 Tbsp. chopped candied ginger
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. Spoon into a small serving bowl. Serve with matzo, if desired.