Top | Keri Fisher
Strawberry Orange Crisp
(recipe, Keri Fisher)
- 2 lb. frozen strawberries, thawed and drained
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 Tbsp. Grand Marnier or other orange-flavored liqueur
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup flour
- ¾ cup oats (not quick-cooking)
- ½ tsp. orange zest
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into ½-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss the strawberries with the sugar, tapioca, and Grand Marnier. Pour into an ovenproof dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, oats, and orange zest. Add butter and, using your fingers or a pastry blender, mix to combine so that large pea-shaped pieces are formed. Pour crumble on top of strawberries.
- Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Serve warm, with ice cream or whipped cream on top.
Read more about using frozen fruit in desserts in Keri Fisher's "Frozen assets."