Top | Zena Chew
(recipe, Zena Chew)
This recipe comes from Hannah Cordes. For more about Passover cooking, read "Mighty matzo."
- 4 matzo
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped almonds or walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and grease the foil evenly with butter (or cover cookie sheet with a silpat mat). Place the matzo side by side on the foil.
- In a saucepan, combine the butter and brown sugar and boil on medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour mixture evenly over the matzo.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle the chocolate chips over the matzo. When the chips have softened, spread the chocolate evenly with a knife. If using, sprinkle nuts on top.
- Freeze on the baking sheet for 1 hour. Break into pieces and store in the refrigerator.