Top | Zena Chew
(recipe, Zena Chew)
This recipe comes from Katherine Scharon. For more about Passover cooking, read "Mighty matzo."
- 2 bunches fresh spinach, washed, dried, and chopped
- 3 matzo
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 to 8 eggs
- 1 cup grated cheese, such as Cheddar or feta (optional; see Note)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
- Break the matzo into small pieces in a bowl. Cover with hot water for a minute, then squeeze out the water.
- Mix the matzo pieces and spinach in a bowl, then add the salt and pepper.
- Mix together 6 of the eggs with a fork, then blend them into the spinach-matzo mixture. If the mixture seems dry, add another egg or two.
- Spread the mixture in the baking pan and baking for 25 to 30 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
If you're having a meat-free kosher meal, feel free to add the grated cheese. Mix the cheese with the other ingredients just before baking.