(recipe, Debbie Moose)
I love sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil — I eat them right out of the jar. Combine them with rosemary and capers, and you’ll want to hop on the next plane to Florence. My intrepid tasters at Elan, where Anthony keeps me as blond as I wanna be, squealed over these eggs, and not much hair got coiffed that day.
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 teaspoon oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and halved, yolks mashed in a bowl
- 6 Tbsp. sour cream
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 2½ tsp. capers, drained and finely chopped
- ⅛ tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Slivers of sun-dried tomatoes for garnish
- Gently press the sun-dried tomatoes between several layers of paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Combine the thoroughly mashed yolks with the sour cream and lemon juice. Blend in the sun-dried tomatoes, rosemary, capers, and garlic powder. Taste, then season with salt and pepper.
- Fill the egg whites evenly with the mixture and garnish each egg half with slivers of sun-dried tomato.