Top | Sandwiches
Smoked Salmon and Meyer Lemon Sandwich
(recipe, Carrie Floyd)
Though Meyer lemons add that little something special to this open-faced sandwich, you can substitute regular lemons to good effect. Also, feel free to try pumpernickel or rye bread in place of the multigrain.
- 4 thick slices of fresh, multigrain bread
- 8 Tbsp. cream cheese
- ⅓ lb. smoked salmon, broken into bite-size pieces
- 1 Meyer lemon, very thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Set out the sandwich ingredients.
- On each slice of bread, spread about 2 Tbsp. cream cheese. Divide the salmon equally between the four bread slices, setting it into the cream cheese. Layer the sliced lemons on top, then top with the sliced shallots. Grind fresh black pepper over all the sandwiches; serve.