Vegan Fluffy Buttercream Frosting
(recipe, Isa Chandra Moskowitz & Terry Hope Romero)
Use this frosting on Golden Vanilla Cupcakes.
- ½ cup nonhydrogenated shortening
- ½ cup nonhydrogenated margarine
- 3½ cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup plain soy milk or soy creamer
- Beat the shortening and margarine together until well-combined and fluffy. Add the sugar and beat for about 3 more minutes. Add the vanilla and soy milk and beat for another 5 to 7 minutes until fluffy.