Top | Sona Pai
Spicy Green Chutney
(recipe, Sona Pai)
This recipe is for cilantro lovers. If you just can’t stand the cilantro taste, substitute more mint. All measurements are just guidelines. Adjust everything to your own taste.
- 1 cup cilantro leaves and tender stems, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 1 to 2 serrano chiles
- Fresh ginger (about ½ inch long), diced
- ¼ cup mint leaves, washed and coarsely chopped
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves
- ½ cup grated fresh coconut or unsweetened dried coconut
- Juice of one lime
- Salt to taste
- In a blender or food processor, purée all of the above ingredients until they form a fine paste. If necessary, add water until you achieve your desired consistency.
- Serve with samosas or anything fried, or spread on sandwiches for a kick.
Read more in Sona Pai's exploration of cilantro.